Michelle vs. Michelle

Being a Mom is hard!  Watching someone else be an "AMAZING" Mom on television makes being a Mom even HARDER!

I love Michelle Duggar but dang, she made me feel like an absolute failure when it came to my own mothering skills.  Where Michelle D. is soft spoken, I am LOUD!  Where Michelle D. seems to have everything in control, my life can be total and absolute chaos!

And I only have 4 children...and there are time I want to scream and run away...yes, I said it.  I am not a perfect Mom.  No part of my parenting would probably earn an award in the Mommy Olympics.  I have good days, I have bad days, I have REALLY bad days!  But I do love my kids!  With every last ounce of my being.  But what does that mean?

That means I have days where the children have bickered and fought and taken each other's stuff and bickered...yeah and I finally LOSE IT after asking them a million times to CUT IT OUT!  Yes, you guessed it...I yell!  I mean I YELL!!!!  There are days when I can appreciate the little handprints on my windows, that I had just cleaned and smile softly.  There are other days where I huff and puff and make them wash the windows that I had just cleaned.  Oh yes I do.

I will never be the dress wearing, long hair braided Mom.  I love my bright clothes and my wild colored hair.  I love going to get my nails and toes done.  I have no problem begging my husband for a night out, without any children.  Yes, you'll see me skip happily down the driveway as I wave at my very capable babysitter.

Do I miss those photo perfect moments, my children looking dreamy and perfect because I have gone to the bedroom to shut the door and turn on my diffuser, loaded up with joy and lavender?  Yep.  I do that so that when my husband comes home, I might have a couple of strands of hair left on my head and a smile on my face.


I have times where that nasty Mommy guilt will try and creep in on me and I hear that creepy little voice say..."Oh look what a horrible mother you are!"  "You have four children and still are screwing up!"

Know what I think of that voice?  It needs to piss off!  I mean seriously.  I've decided to embrace my wild, cranky, laugh like a crazy woman, bad day, good day, I need out of here for awhile Mommy status.  I am who I am, and even better, I am exactly who God made me to be!  My kids will love me because I am real with them.



My kids know, without a doubt, I love them and I have their backs.  My older kids know they can drive me absolutely mad and sometimes absolutely to tears, but if anyone messes with them, God help who ever that is.  I'm scrappy as hell and I'm not ashamed.  I am a Warrior Momma and I will not apologize.

Basically, I am who I am and if you don't like me, that is your problem.  I will not conform to anyone's standard but the one God made just for me.

Peace,
Michelle
a8ae5f3d13d2e932e79442f6f8f51b5b9c590ed587aa8a41d1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kid Scents Oil Spring Set

Thieves Home Cleaning Kit

Disclosure Statement